pci dss 4.0,pci dss 4.1
PCI DSS 4.0 is the latest version of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). It was released on January 1, 2020.
PCI DSS 4.1 includes a number of new requirements, including:
– Requiring multi-factor authentication for accessing cardholder data
– Restricting physical access to cardholder data
– Implementing security controls on network devices
– Conducting regular vulnerability scans
– Monitoring and logging all access to cardholder data
PCI DSS 4.0 is a mandatory requirement for all organizations that process, store or transmit credit card information. Failure to comply with PCI DSS 4.0 can result in significant fines and penalties, including the loss of the ability to process credit cards.
Organizations that have not yet migrated to PCI DSS 4.0 should do so as soon as possible to avoid potential disruptions to their business. Learn more about PCI DSS 4.0 from TrustNet.
PCI DSS 4.0 checklist
1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
3. Protect stored cardholder data
4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
5. Use and regularly update anti-virus software or programs
6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
11. Regularly test security systems and processes
12. Maintain a policy that addresses information security for all personnel.